The pomegranate-kombucha recipe tastes as good as it looks.
Get your phone ready, because this healthy, icy dessert recipe is going to be the most Instagrammable thing you eat all month.
This beauty combines the natural sweetness of two wonderful fruits—pomegranate and pineapple. Unlike traditional Italian granitas that use cane sugar for sweetness, this version uses 100 percent pomegranate juice and crushed pineapple to end up with a sweet treat with absolutely no added sugar.
Plus, pomegranate juice is actually an excellent source of potassium, so this refreshing recipe makes for a great cool-down after a tough workout when your body is thirsty for electrolytes. And for an extra dose of probiotics, toss in some kombucha.
Pomegranate & Pineapple Kombucha Granita
- 16 ounces POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
- 4 oz kombucha
- 4 pineapples, tops cut off*
1. Blend 100% pomegranate juice, pineapple, and kombucha together. Pour into a loaf pan and allow mixture to freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Using the back of a fork, lightly scrape granita to make shavings. Fill 4 cups with equal portions of granita. Enjoy!
*For a fun way to serve these treats (to guests or yourself!), scoop granita into makeshift pineapple cups: Using a sharp knife, cut the top 1/4 of the pineapple head off. Cut a square into the larger portion of the pineapple from the top about 4 inches down. Using an ice cream scoop, begin to scoop out pineapple flesh until surface volume allows enough room for a generous serving of granita. (Scooped out pineapple flesh can be used to make the granita, too.)