If you want vegetarian taco, then swap ground beef for spicy sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 c. crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare sweet potatoes with olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and chili powder. Arrange on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast 30 minutes in 450°F oven.
- In saucepan, combine black beans with salsa verde; cook on medium until warm, stirring.
- Serve sweet potatoes and beans with corn tortillas, avocado, cotija or feta cheese and cilantro.