Swap ground beef for spicy sweet potatoes for the ultimate vegetarian taco.
- 1 3/4 lb. sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. salsa verde
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 c. crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, chili powder and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Arrange on large rimmed baking sheet; roast 30 minutes in 450°F oven.
- In saucepan, combine black beans with salsa verde; cook on medium until warm, stirring.
- Serve sweet potatoes and beans with avocado, corn tortillas, cotija or feta cheese and cilantro.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 465 cals, 13 g protein, 70 g carbs, 16 g fat (3 g sat), 16 g fiber, 715 mg sodium.