- Makes: 1 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon powdered chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup snap peas, julienned
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, sliced
- 1/3 cup firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- In a 1-quart jar add bouillon, hoisin, and hot pepper sauce to the jar, coating the bottom. Layer carrots, cabbage, bean sprouts, peas, green onions, ginger, tofu and sesame oil on top. Seal jar and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, stir in boiling water and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- Tip: It’s best to pack this soup tightly. If the jar isn’t fully stuffed, the vegetables will settle after a day or two in the refrigerator. With the back of a spoon, press the vegetables down to compact them, leaving just a little room at the top. The tofu should rest right at the top of the jar.
- Courtesy of 150 Best Meals in a Jar by Tanya Linton © 2016 www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.