Salads aren’t exactly known for being filling or protein-rich, especially fruit ones. If you think of canned varieties, they’re usually made up of a few sad chunks of fruit in a sugary syrup.
But that was then. My Quinoa Salad with Fruit will change how you think about fruit salads for good. For starters, it’s made with quinoa, a superfood grain that’s incredibly satiating and contains all the essential amino acids.
Combined with a sweet mix of berries, honey and basil, this is an incredibly filling salad that works just as well as a side salad as it does a veggie main. You’ll never look at fruit salad the same way again!
Begin by cooking the quinoa according to the package directions.
In a small bowl, whisk the honey and lime juice until well combined and then set aside. This combo is going to add lots of flavor to the fruit.
Add the cooked quinoa, fruit and basil and mix it well. Then take the honey-and-lime mixture and drizzle over the fruit and quinoa, stirring well to combine. The quinoa fruit salad is ready! With a zesty bite of fruit and quinoa in each bite, this will become your new favorite salad.
Quinoa Salad with Fruit
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of each: blueberries, chopped strawberries, mango and honeydew
- ⅓ cup basil, chiffonaded
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the honey and lime until well combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl add cooked quinoa, fruit, basil and mix until well incorporated.
- Add honey lime mixture and drizzle, stirring until evenly mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!