These delicious no bake breakfast cookies are naturally sweetened with no refined sugars. The perfect on-the-go easy breakfast or snack option!
Happy Friday everyone! Any big plans for the weekend? We are planning to head up to the beach in Perth tomorrow and maybe stop by the zoo that’s pretty close to where we are staying. I know it’s still frigid cold most place in the states, so in attempts to not make you all envious I won’t tell you about the beautiful warm weather we’ve been enjoying. And the fun times we’ve had going swimming. Or the summery foods we’ve been eating. Or the few parks we’ve been playing at. Or the shorts and flip-flops I’ve been wearing all. the. time. ?
I won’t even mention those things…
No. not another word. Instead I’ll share some of the summer weather with you all in the form of tropical breakfast cookies! This is the first recipe I’ve made in Australia and of course it had to be a summer-y type recipe because that’s totally what I’m feeling like since being here.
These are packed with yummy tropical flavors and are so simple to make. One bowl, a few measuring spoons, and just minutes of prep.
One of my favorite ingredients in these cookies are the Greek yogurt covered dried cranberries. Do not leave them out! They are absolutely delicious in these cookies and with the other ingredients. The coconut extract also adds a lot, but feel free to increase or decrease the amount of that extract to your preference. The chia seeds are optional, but I love ’em in these cookies – they definitely add a lot. Not to mention their nutritional benefits!
Well, I think that’s about all I have to say about these cookies. But just know, I’m trying to send this sunshine and warm weather to the states in the form of these yummy and easy cookies. ?
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed or oat flour
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds optional
- 1/4 cup yogurt covered dried raisins or cranberries
- Mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. If needed, add a little bit more honey or peanut butter if the mixture is too dry or more ground flaxseed if too sticky.
- Place in a sealed container in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove and squish into (rolling doesn’t work too well) cookie balls.
- I like to store these in the fridge, but they are fine at room temperature in an airtight container.