A low-calorie bulghar wheat salad that’s rich in iron, folate, fibre and calcium – as tasty as it is good for you!
- 150g bulghar wheat
- 2 eggs
- 60g baby kale or curly kale, roughly chopped
- 20g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- juice 1 lemon
For the dressing
- 100ml 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- ¼ garlic clove, crushed
- Put the bulghar in a medium bowl and pour over 125ml boiling water. Mix well, cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 10-15 mins until al dente.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Cook for 6 mins, then place in cold water until cool. Peel and cut in half. Put the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender with 2 tbsp water and some salt. Blend until smooth.
- Break up the bulghar with a fork and add the remaining ingredients, except the eggs. Toss with the dressing, then top with the eggs to serve