warm potato salad kicks it up a notch with beer and bacon.
- 8 oz. thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 lb. golden potatoes, cut into 1/2″-thick slices
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp. beer or water
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Heat grill on medium. In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper-towel-lined plate; set aside. Reserve fat in skillet.
- Tear 2 large sheets heavy-duty foil. Spread potatoes on 1 sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Top with rosemary and drizzle with beer and 3 tablespoons bacon fat. Place other sheet of foil on top. Fold edges of foil and crimp together tightly to seal. Grill, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes cook, discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat from skillet. Heat skillet on medium. Add onion; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and caraway seeds; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Transfer contents of skillet to large bowl; let cool slightly.
- To bowl with sautéed onion, add green onions, vinegar, mustard, parsley, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; whisk until combined. Discard rosemary; add potatoes to bowl along with bacon. Stir until well coated. Serve salad warm alongside pork chops.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 300 cals, 8 g protein, 33 g carbs, 16 g fat (6 g sat), 3 g fiber, 730 mg sodium.