Do something different for your next date with your significant other…instead of going out, actually make dessert! And make it more interesting – forget about using bowls, plates or fine china. Instead, make dessert simple and elegant by using wine glasses instead. Whether you plan to cook or go out for dinner and a movie, you can end the night with dessert at home enjoying a personalized dessert in your favorite wine glasses.
Wine glass desserts can be a fun date idea in itself, especially for wine connoisseurs and/or couples who love cooking together. You probably already have a cabinet full of wine glasses as it is, so all you need is a few sweet ingredients. You and your partner can create wine glass desserts for each other using each other’s favorite flavors – it’s a great way to bond!
Here are some of our favorite recipes…
Ingredients for a Wine Glass Dessert
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
It’s just like making a parfait – all you do is take a wine glass and layer the ingredients until you’ve added everything you want.
Top it off with whipped cream and a cherry! If you need a little more inspiration, take a look at these ideas…
- Make 1 box brownie mix of your choice.
- Make 1 box chocolate instant pudding and pie filling.
- After cooling, cut brownie pan into small square pieces.
- Place brownie pieces in wine glass.
- Next, spread pudding on top.
- Mix together vanilla frosting and whipped topping in a small bowl. Place mixture on top.
- Repeat steps until glass is full. Garnish with walnuts, fresh berries, mint, or a cherry.
- Make 1 box devil’s food cake mix.
- Make 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix.
- After cooling, cut cake into small cubes and place cubes in wine glass.
- Place whipped topping in glass, then pudding.
- Next, layer caramel ice cream topping, toffee bits, and walnuts and/or pecans.
- Repeat steps until glass is full. Garnish with caramel and/or nuts of your choice.
Making wine glass desserts can make for a fun date in and of itself or sweet ending to a wonderful evening.
There are so many options: tiramisu, strawberry shortcake, tropical fruit, pumpkin spice, peanut butter brownie, toffee brownie, banana caramel and cream, white chocolate mousse, and more,depending on your significant other’s favorite sweets!
You can try your hand at it by yourself or have your partner help you. Either way, it’s sure to be a fun way to sweeten things up between you two.