Bulghar wheat salad, low calorie. Rich in, fibre, iron, folate, and calcium.
- 120g baby kale or curly kale, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 300g bulghar wheat
- 2 carrot, julienned
- 40g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 5 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- juice 1 lemon
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 200ml 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- ¼ garlic clove, crushed
- Put the bulghar in a medium bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Mix well, cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 10-15 mins until al dente.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Cook for 6 mins, then place in cold water until cool. Peel and cut in half. Put the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender with 3 tbsp water and some salt. Blend until smooth.
- Break up the bulghar with a fork and add the remaining ingredients, except the eggs. Toss with the dressing, then top with the eggs to serve.